MEET DR. JEFF SILMON
Jeffrey Silmon, DDS
- Graduated from Airline High School, Louisiana State University-Baton Rouge, and LSU School of Dentistry in New Orleans, where he also completed his orthodontic training and certification
- Awarded the J. Jerome Hebert Award of Orthodontic Excellence by the Louisiana Dental Association, which is given to the top first-year resident
- Certified Provider of the Damon and Damon Clear braces systems, Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, and Vector Temporary Anchorage Devices
- Part of an international group of experts called “The Insiders” who meet twice a year in different parts of the world to develop state-of-the-art techniques and materials
- Currently a member of the American Association of Orthodontists, Louisiana Association of Orthodontists, American Dental Association, and Spear Dental Study Club
- Past president of the Northwest Louisiana Dental Association
- Is a Damon Premier Provider and Educator. These are designations given to key Damon doctors with an outstanding level of Damon System experience. Dr. Jeff and Dr. Chris are the only two orthodontists in Louisiana, and in a 175 mile radius, with this designation.
- Actively participates in the local “Give Kids a Smile” community outreach program, and is a community provider of the child-safeguard system, “Toothprints”
- Regularly attends seminars and conferences in order to stay up to date on the latest advances in orthodontics
Dr. Jeff has been transforming smiles in the Shreveport-Bossier area since 2005, after being re-located by Katrina. He is passionate about utilizing the latest advances in technology and techniques to reduce treatment times for his patients.
“We want not only to provide the best treatment possible, but an atmosphere that the kids enjoy,” Dr. Jeff says. “It makes it so much easier on the parents, knowing their children have fun during our office visits. I love what I do; I know how fortunate I am to have a job where I can make someone feel better about themselves by giving them a healthy, beautiful smile.”
When Dr. Jeff is not at work, he enjoys spending time with his wife Meredith, their son Jackson, and their daughter Mary Francis. He also enjoys playing golf, LSU sports, and traveling.