MEET DR. CHRISTOPHER COSSE
- Graduated from Captain Shreve High School, Louisiana State University-Baton Rouge; went though the dental program at LSU School of New Orleans (LSUSD); and received his certification in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics from Oregon Health & Science University in Portland, Oregon
- His thesis at OHSU was on airway function and class II correction modalities
- Studied the differences in orthodontics and prosthodontics between the US and Europe for a term at the University of Freiburg, Germany
- Awarded the Pierre Fauchard Award for Academic Achievement while at LSUSD, and presented with the Louisiana Dental Association New Dentists Award for distinguishing himself by giving his time and his talents to his community and showing unselfish devotion to the dental profession
- Certified Provider of Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, Insignia, Vector Temporary Anchorage Systems, and The Damon System
- Part of an international group of experts called “The Insiders” who meet twice a year in different parts of the world to develop state-of-the-art techniques and materials
- Chosen to join an honorary task force call “The Pathfinders,” a group comprised of 25 orthodontists from around the world who are charged with reducing treatment times and improving overall quality
- Is a Damon Premier Provider and Educator. These are designations given to key Damon doctors who possess an outstanding level of Damon System experience. Dr. Chris and Dr. Jeff are the only two orthodontists in Louisiana, and in a 175-mile radius, with this designation.
- Developed and created a software to help orthodontic offices educate and communicate with their patients. The popularity of the program has grown, so it is being used in orthodontic offices all over the world.
- Has 15 orthodontic patents to his name
- Regularly invited to speak about orthodontics nationally and internationally
A native of Shreveport-Bossier, Dr. Chris says the philosophy he practices is to “provide the best orthodontic treatment possible while making it fun for patients at the same time.” Since going into practice with his mentor, Spiro Cosse, in 2000, he has strived to further his knowledge and training, and continues to drive progress in the field of orthodontics in many ways.
Not satisfied with the status quo with respect to braces, Dr. Chris designed his own revolutionary bracket that he is currently developing in partnership with a Fortune 500 company.
When he is not having fun at work, Dr. Chris enjoys spending time with his wife Stacy, and their four children: Athan, Michael, Kalli, and Stefan.